2017 Water Festival
The 8th annual Birmingham SAG Water Festival will be held at Stechford Swimming Pool on the morning of Sunday 29th October . A 30 minute pre-gala warm-up will start at 08:30 to enable swimmers to get used to the pool. The estimated finish time is 1:00pm.
All entries to be sent in no later than 5th October 2017.
The format of the gala is like an unlicensed Open Meet and is intended for developing swimmers aged 8, 9 and 10 years who have little or no competitive experience (i.e. they have NOT competed in an Open Meet or swum in Diddy galas). There are cut-off times to ensure that this gala is fair for all swimmers. ANY 8 year old may enter, but 9 and 10 year olds will receive speeding tickets if they achieve a time that is ‘too fast’. Swimmers will be seeded into heats on the basis of their submitted entry times. Prizes will be awarded to the first three places in each event. These will be awarded to the three swimmers with the fastest times in the heats – there will be no finals. Swims are charged at £5 per event, up to a maximum of £10 per swimmer. We try to keep the costs for this event down as much as we possibly can.
The promoter’s conditions and programme are below on this page. We are keen that the event is fully subscribed and provides the young swimmers with a positive experience of a gala so that they are keen to develop their aquatic skills further.
- 17WF Flyer
- Advice for Swimmers and Parents
- Birmingham Water Festival – Guidance Notes
Last year’s results
Results : results-2016
Agreed for 2017:
- Sunday 29th October 8:30 to 1:30pm
- Age on day
- Clubs may need to contribute to short fall if there is one
- Move IM to the last event rather than the first event
- Prices changed £5 per swim, max £10 per swimmer due to pool prices
- Door entry to £3
- SRS Swimshop
- Photographer – Gavin Pordage
- Officials – more qualified officials attending (parents who don’t have swimmers)
- Young Volunteers – reach out to clubs to officiate and marshal
- Volunteers – all clubs have to bring a minimum of 6 volunteers